Friday, January 2, 2015

Clay Whistle

I made a whistle using clay of Rudolf the Red Nose Reindeer. To start this project i made two pinch pots and put them together. Then i had a small rectangle and put it on the end of the sphere I had created. Then I put a hole in the rectangle that went all the way inside of the hallow sphere. Then a created a hole in the bottom of the sphere. Using trial and error, it soon made a whistling sound when I blew into it. I then added more peices of clay to the basic whistle to make it look like Rudolf. Form was the most important and dominate element I used. I used some carving tools to make some of the peices and to give the peice texture. I have never worked much with clay. I made a clay whistle in 5th grade but my art teacher helped a lot. I learned through this project how to shape and mold clay. This was a very challenging project for me but I learned a lot from creating this. In the future I feel clay work will be easier for me because of what I have learned from this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment