Friday, January 2, 2015

Amsterdam Travel Poster

This is a painting I did. I used an analogous color sceme of blue to red. I used all paint to create this peice. The biggest principles I used were contrast, color, and shape. I used contrast with the colors, putting black against purples and blues. I used color a lot to create interest. And I used shape with the things I advertised from Amsterdam. I have never painted simply on a peice of paper becore this. I learned a lot about paint and how to use it. I found painting very stressful and difficult. Throughout creating this I learned different techniques that worked best for me. This project was a first for me and I think I grew a lot. In the future I think I will be more comfortable with the medium I'll be working with and I think it will help the final product look better.

No comments:

Post a Comment